Here’s what to bring:
- All of your W-2’s
- 1099’s (miscellaneous income, social security, annuities)
- Interest paid to banks, and mortgage companies
- Interest earned from banks
- Stock and dividend information from stock brokers
- Partnership K-1’s
- New client please bring LAST YEAR’S FILED RETURN
- Bring anything you have that may be work or tax related
- Please fill out the Client Engagement Letter, AND the additional New Client form.
- If anyone on the return was issued a form 1095A, B, or C from the Market Place, i.e. Affordable Healthcare, you MUST bring this to complete your return.
- If we are filing your dependents return you must be certain that: 1. They did NOT file their own return claiming themselves as a dependent. 2. No one else has claimed them as a dependent. FAILURE TO DO THIS CAN BE VERY COSTLY TO YOU, THE TAXPAYER!
What you need for your home office:
- Mortgage interest, or rent
- All utilities paid
- Homeowners, or renters insurance
- Dimensions of home and area used EXCLUSIVELY for business.
- Information in regards to what was spent for supplies, equipment. Please contact us with any questions in regards to this.
Auto, this applies to business travel Jan. 1 – Dec. 31. (odometer reading)
- BMV papers
- Auto lease
- Travel log. Where, when, who, and how many miles?
Other things you’ll need to get together:
- Charitable contributions, cash and non-cash receipts
- Medical insurance premiums
- Moving expenses (anything over 50 miles)
- Out of pocket medical expenses
Did you pay rent for a home or apartment???
- Who did you pay?
- How much per month?
- How many months?